Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Monday 3 August 2009

Nothing much in particular.....

..... to say today. It's been a quiet weekend as quite a few folk from the island were over in Westray for a wedding. The weather was good so hopefully they all had a good time and the bride didn't get wet and kilts stayed in place!

I spent the weekend pottering in the garden as well as doing a little baking. I'd been over on the Orkney mainland for a party on Friday night and went to the Co-op on Saturday morning on my way to the boat to find the shelves bare of bread and cake. So I grabbed some flour and came home and baked myself a fresh loaf and a fruit cake.

So just some pictures to share - the one at the top of the page was taken from Western Horn on Graemsay, looking towards Orphir (Orkney mainland) across water beyond the lighthouse. The one below is the sunset on Saturday night, with the sky turning purple.....


I love the sun but I am definitely a child of the moon.....


And this one taken today of Button among the lilies - neither of which need gilding......

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful lily and a happy snoozling cat. Isn't sunshine wonderful.

    ReplyDelete