Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 22 January 2012

An interlude... Rousay


OK the return of the bad weather and work = low energy, hence no blog posts since last weekend.  Sorry about that! While I get my brain in gear and have another cup of tea, here is a short interlude.  On YouTube below are some pictures of the island of Rousay. A lovely island with lots of interesting archaeology to explore too. I've visited several times and is one of my favourite islands.


And here is a film of the iron age broch house on the island (about 6 minutes long) - the one in my photo at the top of this post.


Enjoy! Tea and chocolate call.....

3 comments:

  1. I can see why it's one of your favourite islands to visit. I would love to explore those ruins.

    Sybil
    Eastern Passage, Nova Scotia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for Rousay!!! Island of my ancestors:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, Sian. One of the islands I hadn't actually heard of by name until now.

    ReplyDelete