Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sunsets.....



Ah yes Spring is here....the sun now sets off the coast of Graemsay on the way to it's mid-summer holiday over on Black Craig on the West Mainland of Orkney.  I love sitting in the conservatory watching the sun set, glass of wine or cuppa (tea) in hand. The best way to unwind at the end of the day.


Though tonight it was too cloudy to see the sun set below the horizon. Instead there was a lovely light and beautiful clouds over Stromness.




And yes I know I'm behind with responding to comments! Sorry about that! I do so love comments too.... will reply soon.... :-)

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful site! The clouds look so amazing! You must enjoy that view greatly!
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes the view is why I bought the house :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, Sian. The days are getting so long already and as our conservatory faces west, we too love watching the sun go down over the Kyle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your beautiful photos, I was just thinking that Orcadians must have tracked the seasons by the position of the setting sun over the islands for thousands of years. Someone might have sat on a boulder on the site of your conservatory, sipping mead from a horn cup and wrapping her sealskin coat more snugly around herself as she thought, 'ah yes, the sun's moved off the tip of the island, summer's on its way'...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm living in the era of thermal and underfloor heating. I think I would have frozen to death in a sealskin coat - however warm it might keep seals :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Perpetua. Have a wonderful time in Orkney, Those sunset pictures are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I seem to have put my comments on the wrong blog - I got carried any with the beauty.

    ReplyDelete