Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Another walk along the shore....



The weather has been changeable this week. Some lovely sunny days with real warmth in the sun, and other days have been wet and windy, or just chilly and windy..... here's another selection of photos from along the shore!

Stromness in the distance.....


Sun behind the clouds....


I sought shelter in this roofless lean-to building - it has great views and some protection from the wind...


It was tied into the old steading, which was originally a dwelling house, then became byres. You can see it's gradually parting company now!


On oneof the stones you can see someone has tried inscribing some letters. I can't make this out, but generations of children who have lived at Sandside have carved their names in the stone around about. It's like finding treasure when I spot a new one...


And among the stones of the old pier, a wee wren keeps me company.....


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Sandside has a sunny side!

    Lovely shot of the wren :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun usually shines on Sandside but unfortunately not on the day your visited!!

      Delete
  2. The ruins simply add to the wonder of your walks on the shore. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes lots of interest along the shore. I can potter around for hours....

      Delete
  3. Super. I love the detail of the lichen on the stone and the tiny wren. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the lichen. This little wren was hovering about the whole time I was along the track. Which worried me a bit as Button was not far behind me....

      Delete
  4. Beautiful scenery...I am glad you are out enjoying your walks...
    We are still snow locked here..
    Sherri-Ellen & Nylablue too xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you still have snow? I try and get out each day if I can. Though this last week was too windy so I mostly just went and fed the hens, Charlie the barn cat, cast a look at the wild sea and headed home again!

      Delete