Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Saturday 22 February 2020

Gales, hail, sleet, sun...



Bit bored with the wind now!  To be honest I haven't ventured far from the house. Fighting a cold, and cough, and wrapping myself in warmth and rest as last time I got a cold my asthma was very upset and I ended up in hospital!  Anyway here are a few photos from the last week.

Today's weather........ good drying day for washing on the line....maybe...


Lots of heavy sleet showers accompanying the wind.... oh and lightning - as evidenced by red blobs on map below.


And then the showers pass over...


And Button snoozes in the warm and the sunshine (when it's available)


But there were sunny days too....


I mean REALLY sunny days!



And the hens were delighted to be out and about...





And blue skies!



But time to hunker down again as the next hail shower hits....


10 comments:

  1. I am well over the windy weather too. Sadly we are not getting very much sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh I know. More wet and windy weather here too. Though the last few days have been less windy. I've never seen the fields running with water like they are on the island this year. :-(

      Delete
  2. It's been windy here in Edinburgh too. Roll on spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hens are so cute! We are having a warm spell here on the coast of Maine. 36 degrees F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh please send some warmth to us! I love my hens. Most are elderly now and don't lay eggs but they are such characters.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear you had hail in your slippers! I'll have a word with Simon le Bon to see if he can hold back the rain :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oooh Simon Le Bon.... now there's a thought!!

      Delete
  5. Line dried clothes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Though I confess I don't use the line too much in Winter given the changeable weather! But once it's more settled in Spring out goes the washing...with "storm pegs" because even then it is windy.

      Delete