Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 20 February 2024

Sun dog!

 


The sun is out today (ssshhh) and it reminded me to post a picture of the sky last week.  The "halo" around the sun is known as a sun dog - light refracting on ice crystals in the atmosphere.  In the middle is the beginning of a light pillar.  Amazing to see.

PS thanks for the welcome back....

6 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! Isn’t it amazing what beautiful things just seem to pop up some days? Thanks so much for sharing with us - it’s been awhile since I’ve seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous image, difficult I should imagine to capture, but you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I've never seen one of those. Thanks for the fabulous photo!

    ReplyDelete