Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 21 January 2018

The First Swell



I may have shared this film some years ago but it bears sharing again.  In the UK you have to be really serious about your surfing to come up to Orkney and surf in some of the challenging waters.  This film is just about such a journey, filmed off the West Mainland - where you have to watch the waves don't pound you into the cliffs!

Enjoy (approx 6 mins) First Swell

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sian....after some visitor info - Graemsay looks wonderful and so peaceful. Enjoying your blog. My great great grandfather (maybe a few more "greats"?) came over from Ireland to help build the lighthouse on Graemsay, then stayed and married a local girl, ending up in Stromness. I've visited Orkney a couple of times, but never ventured to Graesmay. I'm hoping to rectify this in July. I've found the ferry timetables - any hints on how long to get to the lighthouse from the ferry, are there any "facilities" if we stay all day?? Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete