Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Monday 11 October 2010

Sea Shore


Above is  a favourite subject of mine, an old boat hauled up on the shore for the last time at Sandside pier. Bulrushes grow out threw old creels.


Further along the shore - the power of the sea, slowly eroding the shore line. This was once a workshop probably built sometime in the mid 1800s.


Below a house "teetering on the brink! Uninhabited for many years.  Each winter I expect to find the chimney on the shore!



Below gentle ripples along the coral sand at Sandside


It amazes me the variety of seaweed all in such a small area.




3 comments:

  1. Louise from Seattle12 October 2010 at 02:24

    I recognize that boat! It is a classic old beauty, and I've used the photo I took during our visit on cards. I'll send you one!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reminding me of your beautiful shore-line. My own photo of that boat is one of my favourites from our Orkney holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise - oooh yes please do send me a copy!!

    Dancingbeastie - I hope you come back again soon - there's lots more photos for you to take!

    ReplyDelete