Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Monday 29 September 2014

Summer is drawing to a close.....



September has been a good month for weather! It's lovely to feel the last of the summer warmth, and watch the shadows lengthen as the Autumn equinox approached.  Above are some fuschia bushes, willow trees and a honeysuckle peering over the dry stone dyke in the garden.  These are in a "shrub" border on the other side of the dyke - they have to brave the fierce North winds of Winter.  Hoy High lighthouse can be seen between the gap. My nearest neighbours.....

Meanwhile Button enjoy snoozing on the garden bench outside the front door. I love sitting here and having my morning "cuppa".  It will soon be put into the shed to protect it from the worst of the winter gales.  But we make the most of it while we can, both of us.


And some fluffy clouds in a blue sky


I love dandelion clocks! I remember blowing them as a child - they were never very accurate but I didn't mine. Time has a different meaning as a child does it?!


And they are just so *pretty* and delicate....


Ok so you get MORE dandelions.....but that doesn't stop them being pretty!


6 comments:

  1. I love dandelions too! I used to have a paperweight with a dandelion head inside but felt quite sad that it had been frozen in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Dandelions deserve to fly freely upon the breeze and not be consigned to suspension in plastic/glass.

      Delete
  2. Another dandelion lover here and the child in me is still tempted to blow the clocks. :) It's been a wonderful September, but autumn is very much here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad I'm not alone in blowing time to dandelion clocks :-) Hoping your move is going according to plan!

      Delete
  3. Never heard the term "dandelion clocks". Love it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh yes in my childhood we always spoke of dandelion clocks.....and daisy chains :-)

      Delete