Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 27 January 2019

Clouds and sleety days



Last week we had a lot of sleety showers and it was really cold, barely getting above 4 degrees C (which is chilly around these here!).  I still went for a walk each day but not for long. So just a few pix from a wander to the shore between showers.

Above snow on the Hoy hills but all green on Graemsay..... and in the photos below, clouds holding lots of "weather"!







Hurry Button before that shower comes in!


And while I wait I take a photo of this old barn.  I just love it.  The stories it could tell! It was built well before my house, which was built about 1860....


And looking back towards Stromness


Brrr time to be indoors!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. We had quite a bit of snow here last Wednesday and today is windy (bringing trees down windy) and freezing cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That IS windy. Not so many trees on Orkney (due to centuries of high winds) so unless you look at the sea it's often difficult to judge just HOW windy it is here.

      Delete
    2. Yes indeed, I'd miss the trees but your surroundings are very beautiful.

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous stroll, loved the old barn I bet that could tell a few stories, if only walls could talk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed, if only walls could talk. Though I'm sure a few are glad they can't haha!

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful photos!!! Now get inside and warm up!!!

    ReplyDelete