Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Randomness.....




Here are a few random photos from end of August....  Above cows "chewing the cud" up at Garson overlooking Sandside bay.

Button soaking up the sun....


This dandelion gives me hope - I try and not use chemicals for weed control, but have to use something along the paths otherwise they get unusable, so I use a mixture of white vinegar, salt and washing up liquid to kill off plants along the pathway.  This dandelion wasn't giving up though and I don't blame it.  It really cheered me up!


And these poppies were from a wildflower mix.  I just love them!



And off on my travels South - I loved the line of seagulls on the shed roof in Stromness!  Waiting for the creel boats to come in and any fish scraps to be had.


I stayed overnight at Tense Towers with G&G the night before I headed south.  They live over on the East Mainland.  I was looking West to the Hoy hills and the sky was ablaze.  I was hoping it wasn't my house! (It wasn't).


The next morning, at ridiculous o'clock I boarded a plane for Edinburgh.  It was a lovely morning and we flew over the linked South Isles, linked by the Churchill Barriers.


You can see an oil rig in the next photo - nope not drilling for oil.  These are accommodation rigs apparently that are brought to Scapa Flow safe harbour for maintenance. Some controversy over them as they are brightly lit and there can be quite a lot of noise from them.  But seemingly they bring in quite a bit of revenue for Orkney Harbours so for now they stay.


Linked south isles a bit more obvious.... maybe


And way back in mid-August I took this short video of a sunny Sandside beach.....


4 comments:

  1. I do so enjoy your sojourns with buttons! Your Island is beautiful. I also spend a lot of my time on an Island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Islands are wonderful aren't they?! Glad you enjoy my photos and wandering swith Button.

      Delete
  2. Look forward to hearing about your southern adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I EVER get myself organised and caught up there will be pictures!

      Delete