Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Saturday 24 October 2020

Random with cat.....

 


A lovely calm day for a wander.....


The calendula are such cheery flowers and go on blooming for ages - till the frost gets them really.  Though mine generally get blackened by the wind....



Now Charlie the Barn Cat is no more, Button can access all areas without fear of challenge.  In the past I was careful when I went out to the barns and byres as if she and Charlie met there would be a stand-off.   He was the dominant cat and a couple of times she needed the attention of a vet.  So I tried to pre-empt any such meetings!  They must have crossed paths when she was out hunting but if I wasn't around I expect she just slunk home again or went in a different direction.  Anyway - Button is enjoying coming out and exploring with me....




And happy to come and tell me about her adventures too....



2 comments:

  1. Was Charlie a stray who adopted you? I cant imagine there being many strays on Graemsay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No real strays, sometimes the farm cats rehome themselves but rarely. I adopted Button in October 2008 - she was used to a multicat home, and so I wanted to adopt another. In Jan 2009 Charlie arrived - purportedly a domestic cat from a home in Kirkwall. After a nightmare week where he was clearly terrified, not house trained, and didn't get on with Button or Me nor did he want to it transpired his "home" had been in a house with 30 other cats! He was in effect feral. He made a break for it through an open door one day and 2 days later I found him in the barn. I fed him there for the next 12 years - he never once returned to anywhere near the house though did enjoy a fuss and cuddle at breakfast time but the rest of the time kept his distance from humans. Sad, but he lived the life he chose and had a warm bed each night and food in his tummy and lived life on his terms. Not many humans can say that :-(

      Delete