Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Friday 26 August 2022

And breathe!

 

Etched in my memory!

Thanks for all the comments and messages about the sale of Sandside.  There has been lots of interest in the house and I'm happy to say I have accepted an offer which is currently going through the legal processes. I believe the new folk will respect the old stone house and make it a lovely family home.  I'm delighted. Fingers crossed everything proceeds through the legals now.  

Meanwhile I am moving to Kirkwall temporarily, while I look for a more permanent home.  I decided some time ago I needed to be off the island for Winter, largely due to health reasons. So it's new adventures, exciting times and Tesco (and Co-op) delivery!  

I haven't decided whether to continue blogging, my mojo disappeared in the last year or so.  I may start a new blog once I leave Graemsay, but more likely I will go over to something like Instagram.  No decisions yet but I will keep you - er - posted!

Meanwhile, August has been glorious weather wise.  Not the high temperatures of the UK further South, but lovely and warm, with bright days, little wind and few midges.  So here are some photos taken on several e-trike rides around the island.

Hoy High lighthouse and Sandside


The garden, overlooking Hoy Sound


And in the evening.....





Oystercatchers making the most of the cut silage field.  Sandside and Hoy High light in the distance


Scarratain with a traditional turf roof.  Hoy hills in the background


A coo and calf at the top of Windbreck hill, overlooking Clestrain Sound and the Orphir hills


Hoy High, and coos!  Stromness across the water.


Looking West to the fields as silage was being cut earlier in the month.


Looking down the road to Sandside


Sunset.....


Looking across the water 


Daisies at the old steading at Sandside.....


I love thistles!


Yarrow....


And looking across Sandside Bay


The increasing pile of packing boxes.......



Thanks for reading.  More later....

7 comments:

  1. Woohoo! Congratulations on the sale. I hope you don’t disappear, I don’t often comment but I always enjoy your posts. (It’s very annoying that Blogger doesn’t have a Like button so that I can at least register my presence!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this was a difficult decision for you, but I know you'll come out smiling. Good luck on this transition. Please blog until you are able to let us know where you settle "permanently". It's been a great ride that you've taken us on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have much of interest to report and to show us in your new location. How about just changing the title to Life on Orkney?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i do hope you continue blogging i am not on instagram and reading your well written blog is like breathing in fresh island air, i do wish you all the best in your new adventure, i hope Button settles in well in his/her new life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update. Fingers crossed all the legals go your way. I hope you do stay in touch some way. I need my Button update and to see your lovely place through your eyes in your photos. Marjorie in case I go anonymous again

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Andrew, but please keep blogging, you give 'a breath of fresh air' to a lot of people. Just tweak the title a bit, you are after all, a master of the art of blogging. Wish you all the best x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll miss your occasional blogs about the island and your experiences there. Best wishes on your adventures in the future.

    ReplyDelete