Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Friday 23 March 2012

Spring!! Off to the garden....



.....with Mrs Orkney Flowers coming over to help today.  And she fixed the weather so it's sunny - although the haar (sea mist) is rolling in now. Still a lovely day for the garden.  And it was the Vernal Equinox  first day of Spring) this week AND this weekend turns to British Summer Time with the clocks going forward an hour. So more daylight in my day.  Oooh my cup runneth over..... I'm a sloth, and hibernate in winter. I come alive in the Spring, like a wee seedling, pushing it's way up through the earth where it has snuggled warm over the winter, now ready to embrace the light..

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weather, Sian. I'm revelling in it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm glad you are getting some good weather too! Isn't is wonderful??

      Delete
  2. Our ridiculously HOT spell has come to an end. Now I have to return to waiting for "real" spring to come.

    When does your planting season start ? We don't have frost-free nights until mid- to end- of May.

    Isn't it wonderful to come out of hibernation and spend time digging in the dirt ... enjoy that extra hour !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually our planting season begins in May. We don't suffer so much from frosts, but it takes that long for the earth to dry out and warm up! Though this year we are about 3 weeks in advance of the usual season.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sian!

    I've just popped over from Fay's blog to have a nose around and introduce myself - I've spent many a happy hour in Orkney, a fair few of them in Fay's living room, probably looking over at your house! Looking forward to having a wander round your cheery blog :)

    Jenni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenni!! Thanks for dropping by, it's lovely meeting new people. I'm intrigued by your blog name so I shall have to take a trip and return the visit :-)

      Delete
  4. Happy days are here again, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they certainly are, and I will :-) You too!

    ReplyDelete