Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Monday 29 April 2019

Over by the kirk......

Looking over to Hoy
Last weekend I headed over to the kirk as the weather was so lovely.  Sadly the kirk is in poor repair now and falling down which is sad to see.  But the view from there is just gorgeous...




And the kirk....


The sun through the roof onto the old walls...


And inside.....


And randomly..... Charlie my barn cat put in an appearance last weekend having been absent for some weeks.  I was delighted to see him - I knew he'd been around as his food was going and although the hens will help themselves sometimes they don't clear it quite like Charlie!  He was originally to live in the house with Button but he chose to be a barn cat, and has lived happily out there for 10 years among the hay bales, getting fed daily of course.


And he certainly gets plenty of food...ahem...




2 comments:

  1. Didn't realise you had another cat! He's rather lovely....... I did love visiting the kirk and admiring the view....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I got him at the same time as Button but turns out he was more feral than I was lead to believe and he really preferred being a solitary cat living in the barn. He is rather gorgeous and has a very loud purr when he lets me make a fuss of him.

      Delete