Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Wednesday 17 July 2019

Home again!

Across the garden
I was able to move back home on Monday, yay!  Visitors from Australia were arriving at 4pm so I came over in the morning. It was a glorious day, warm and sunny and it was a real joy to be back.  It;s been lovely having my visitors here, not been together for about 3 years so lots of catching up to do and they are looking after me well, making sure I am well fed!  I've left them to go off adventuring while I just relax at home.  It's wonderful to be home!!

Button seems happy to have me home too. Bless!  Though her meows are getting more demanding by the day. Ha!


In the evening we wandered down to the coral beach at Sandside.  It was lovely to breathe warm fresh air again.  I hadn't been to the beach for a couple of weeks at least and I missed it!




Seeing this seal was very special for me.  It's the seals that drew me to the house and we don't see them on this part of the shore often now.  So it felt like a proper welcome home...


My visitors had a perfect afternoon sail across to Graemsay....


In the morning I had sailed from Stromness via Hoy and it was a lovely sail too....

All calm at Moaness pier on Hoy.




Looking towards Hoy and the Orkney Mainland


Heather on the hills of Hoy.



The sleeping dragon of Hoy


Graemsay pier and Hoy High lighthouse coming into view.


Sailing past Clett on Graemsay


Scarratain (with a traditional turf and flagstone roof)


And then I was at the pier, met by neighbours who helped me move back home.Yay!

6 comments:

  1. Such wonderful weather. And great timing that you have visitors to look after you.... Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are home and feeling so much better. A wonderful welcome by neighbours and your visitors to look after you must be a delight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been lovely getting home again!

      Delete
  3. Nothing better than your own home!

    ReplyDelete