Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 26 July 2020

And.... back in June....


Midsummer sunset... this pool is lovely for a swim at high tide....


Red admiral butterfly....  there was an "eruption" of these in June, blown in on the East wind I think.  I counted about 20 in the walled garden...




Thrift.... Hoy hills in background...


Misty day.....





Grasses, buttercups and cow parsley....



One of the beautiful things about a misty day is the bejewelled spiders webs



4 comments:

  1. I love midsummer's day, I always think it should be celebrated. Thrift is a favourite flower as it really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have mixed feelings about mid-summer - as it's then a gentle slide towards Autumn/Winter.... Spring is my favourite time of the year. But I do celebrate the various seasons...

      Delete
  2. I love to see the spiders webs on a frosty morning too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I agree - though not much frost in Orkney, nor on Graemsay or at least here as I'm close to the shore so I don't see them as often as I did south.

      Delete