Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 12 July 2020

Graemsay from on high.....



I seem to have lost my blogging mojo lately.  Hopefully it is returning. Anyway, thanks to pals for sending me these photos of Graemsay from another perspective.  The one above and next are by Trish Avis of Longhope on Hoy, who climbed to the top of Ward Hill with her husband Ian and enjoyed the view of all the Orkney islands laid out beneath.... including Graemsay of course!


And the next set of photos were taken by the inimitable Imperfect & Tense on an excursion to the top of the hills in Orphir on the Orkney Mainland.  The first is a Trig Point (a fixed geographical point - see here for more details  In the distance are the Hoy hills, and nestling at their feet is Graemsay.


A closer view...


And zoomed in, Hoy High light and Sandside!  Can't quite see me having a cup of tea in the conservatory....


Hope you enjoyed an alternative view of the island!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful photo of your beautiful island.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing Graemsay from above too!

      Delete
  2. Oops, I meant to type photos, they are all gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos show just how beautiful your island is. Love the blues and the greens.
    Nice to see you back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the turquoise of the sea in particular.

      Delete