Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Monday 9 November 2020

Island sounds....

 


Even in November we are getting some glorious weather - among the gales, mist, rain etc... but I will take every gorgeous day with gratitude!  Scotland is still using various lockdown measures across the country to mitigate Covid-19.  Orkney is in Tier 1 which means shops, pubs etc are open with some restrictions. Though we are still not supposed to go into each other's houses.  That is a challenge in Orkney weather but hopefully that particular restriction can be lifted soon.  However, I will take all the restrictions necessary to keep me safe.  Though I realise I am fortunate as I have an income that covers my outgoings, and I can stay at home and isolate.  For now I am mostly focussing on the microcosm of life as the macrocosm gets a bit scary (though with the latest USA presidential results maybe a little less scary than it was.... time will tell).

Back to Graemsay.....

A short video of Sandside bay, with the sound of the waves, geese and a tractor rumbling along the "main road" on the island...



2 comments: