Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Saturday 1 January 2022

Happy New Year

 


Belated New Year Greetings!  It's 2022..... hmmm I'm hoping for a better 2022 than the last two years as I'm sure are many other people.  Hey Ho.  It will be what it will be.  It was quieteon the island last night with families celebrating at home rather than mixing.  I don't do late nights so was in bed by 10.30 with Button and a book.  I was asleep before midnight so didn't hear the ships hooters this year.

Today the sun shone, and it was very mild for the time of year, however it was also quite breezy.  So just a couple of snaps from when I was down by the hen house earlier today.

Above, Hoy High and the hills of Orphir on the Orkney Mainland.

Below....... looking over to Stromness from outside the Henny house.....


And these two chaps are grazing in my field.  On the left is Buey, a Zwarbtle-cross ram, and on the right is Yacob, a Jacob-cross ram. They are having a bit of a time away from the ladies so are spending a few weeks here.  They are very tame and enjoy a scratch on the head.


I wish everyone a safe, peaceful and healthy 2022!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for those lovely sentiments. It seem a diifferent world up there. It was here too bothytrip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your description of your expedition! Have commented on it on your blog. Thanks for sharing!!

      Delete