Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Monday 10 October 2022

Ferrying around Graemsay

 


Until the house sale is complete I am returning to Graemsay a couple of times a week to finish off clearing out etc.  Due to the times I am travelling I get the joy of going right round Graemsay via Hoy.  Here is a selection of photos taken in the last month since I moved to Kirkwall, on my weekly commute.















8 comments:

  1. Just catching up with the news you've moved to Kirkwall. I hope that is a good move, and I can understand the change, being on a small island is wonderful, but has it's drawbacks. I'll miss the photos, but look forward to one's from the mainland. Best of luck with the back-n-forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home in Kirkwall is temporary. I hope to have news of a more permanent move soon as I've had an offer accepted on a more rural property! Very excited but don't want to jinx it till things are more certain....

      Delete
  2. Sian! Does this mean you've moved off Graemsay?!? Who will I be able to visit when I'm there?! There are new folks in Crookshouse, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm no longer on Graemsay. Crookshouse has been owned by the same folk for about 30 years or so. Gorn was sold recently as was Dean and the kirk. Also the old School. And of course Sandside.

      Delete
  3. I saw where Ethel Mowat passed awhile back. My dad grew up with Cissie Mowat. All the Johnstons, of course, lived in Crookshouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've put my email address below. Please do get in touch. I know a number of folk connected to Crookshouse. The same family have owned it for about 30 years.

      Delete
  4. Sian, do you have an email address for anyone on Graemsay who would be interested in communicating with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanne, email me at siansandside@gmail.com with what it is you would like to know and I will put you in touch with the relevant folk.

      Delete