Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 4 October 2022

Ring of Brodgar - a distant view....




I took a run out in the van yesterday to the Ring of Brodgar.  I didn't venture up close or all round it this time.  Due to excessive footfall from lots of visitors the path is becoming worn so the inner path is closed.  There were also a couple of coach trip visitors around and I'm still avoiding crowds!  So I enjoyed a more distant view.  It was lovely being in open countryside.  I could hear some of the remaining curlews and other resident birds among the babble of visitors.

Some better photos and information are available here   Meanwhile, here are a few phone snaps from my wander.....


The hills of Hoy in the background....



Lochs around Brodgar....



The Hoy hills, and a mound near the ring.


A neighbouring bull and his girls....



2 comments:

  1. Nice! Looks like you've got stacks of bloggable material on your doorstep now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there's definitely plenty of bloging material. I just need to rediscover my blogging mojo!

      Delete