Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 20 April 2010

Assistant gardeners



My hens love accompanying me when I'm gardening. Despite having very small heads and therefore even smaller brains, they know there will be plenty of worms for the picking. The wheelbarrow is also a useful spot to perch while one does a little grooming.

Junior, the younger of the cockerels, however, prefers to do little more than pose handsomely for the camera. He's a young Light Sussex Cross, though does look very "Light Sussex".



And this was another photo from last weekend when the sea mist (haar) finally began to roll away.



Note: Inter-isles flights are operating in Orkney today, and also to Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh, but not to Shetland or Inverness. Though with increased volcanic activity in Iceland who knows how long that will last!

I was sent this link courtesy of my friend, diane, some fantastic volcano pictures - click here

2 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC photos! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am new to blogger came across your blog.
    I love your pics, especially the sea mist one.
    Its just great.
    You are an Awesome photographer!
    Tc

    ReplyDelete