Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 23 June 2019

Evening light



Yesterday was lovely and warm and calm.  The evening light was beautiful.  I took a walk round the garden to take some photos of the borders as wind and rain forecast tomorrow and sadly things will get battered.  The light on the sea was beautiful.  So here are just a few pix of the evening light. 

Cow parsley in the silhouette above - it's only just in flower here, about a month behind that in the South of England or the Channel islands where it has now "gone over".

Sunbeams on the sea.... tide is out...


Looking over to the Orkney Mainland from Sandside....


A corner of the walled garden...


One of the borders.....


I love the lichen on the walls....


Another border....


Hopefully not too much damage from the wind and rain forecast... the joys of gardening in an exposed location...

4 comments:

  1. The cow parsley shot could be the basis for a Japanese painting. Walled gardens are fantastic and you can create your own micro climate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a compliment! Thank you. I love my walled garden, though it gets a lot of salt dumped on it as I'm so close to the shore, and the wind has a whirlpool effect I have learned in some bits. But it is several degrees warmer in there and sheltered from the worst of the west wind (prevailing wind here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the photos of your lovely garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, believe me! Love my garden!

      Delete