Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Friday 25 August 2023

A walk to the shore....

 


Not quite like walking to the shore on Graemsay and I miss my little Sea Cat who prefers to snooze on the sofa in her old age.  But it is a lovely short walk just a few 100 yards from my house to this gorgeous beach.  And I am very thankful for that!  It is also a popular area for camper vans and campers in tents so I choose the quiet times.

A nice spot to contemplate life or just sit and listen to the waves (Option 2 preferred).





And it's Teasel-tastic time at the moment!


And the Angelica looking good too.





7 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be so close to the shore. I love listening to the waves, but don't get many opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to take being by the sea for granted! I too love the sound of the waves

      Delete
  2. sheer bliss. How I miss the sea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowhere in Orkney is far from the sea but when I lived in Kirikwall for 5 months I missed having it withing walking distance or to be able to see it from the house.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes a quiet walk is just what I need to clear my mind...your area looks beautiful. Even the purple of the teasel is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living that close to the sea, just sitting there and relaxing is a must I'd say - and those views through the marram beautifully set the scene.

    ReplyDelete