Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 16 August 2020

Around the house and garden...

 


A wonderful old tractor trundling off to turn the hay at the bottom of my field.

The Hamnavoe ferry sailing into Stromness from the Scottish mainland (Scrabster) - the Viking pointing the way!  


From one of the old buildings, looking across the bay to the old croft of Quoys where the silage has been cut and taken off the fields...


Sorry another sunset!


Hoy High lighthouse among the clouds...


Button and Gimpy Hen wanting to come for a walk...


While this elderly hen was happy to just rest and sunbathe....



And Tallulah hoping for a second breakfast...


Sigh - no wonder my salad leaves didn't grow so well.  Button among the broad beans...


She likes to check out my gardening skills (or lack of them!)....


Malva - one of the perennial mallows.  The flowers are so delicate and beautiful and cover the whole plant, lasting for weeks.  One of my favourites in the garden.



Daisies, evening primrose (yellow) and I can't remember the pink one!!  Love the way they mix to gether.


Daisies and Inula doing well as they are protected from the worst of the West winds by the old buildings.


Berries on the Rowan tree already...


Hoy High peering over the garden wall....


And this magnificent vessel was anchored just outside Stromness harbour opposite my house for a couple of days the other week.  I looked it up online - it has a helipad.  Plus a garage for the power boats - and what I thought was a mark on my camera lens turned out to be orange "kite" as there were two people kite surfing from the power boat!!  Not something you see in Orkney very often...  I had boat envy...


No comments:

Post a Comment