Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 2 August 2020

At the beach.....



I love spending time along the shore.  It's very calming (well OK I don't go when there's a gale or a storm!).  I particularly love it at high tide.  It feels like proper sea-side.....  above the beach below Sandside.

Arctic terns - they have been nesting further round the shore, but get cross when folk get too near (understandably).  I love hearing them screaming overhead.  Though sometimes they object to me being in MY garden... sigh.


A fine day for a bit of fishing....


And the tiny white shell among the seaweed is a groatie buckie (local name for a tiny cowrie shell).  I had friends visiting from Orkney Mainland so we always have to head to the beach to look for groatie buckies...


I found 4, T found these, and C also found a handful.  Not a bad hour.


Yarrow growing at the top of the pier...



Boat safely moored....


I mentioned friends visiting.  I am still being very cautious regarding meeting people.  Although shielding/cocooning has come to an end in Scotland I am continuing.  No cases in Orkney for some weeks, but Orkney folk are visiting South and abroad, and tourists are in Orkney and on Graemsay so I am just being ultra-cautious because I can be.  Anyway I AM meeting folk outside.  Friday was a glorious day, so warm.  My friends walked up from the pier and I greeted them with bacon sandwiches - something of a tradition.



And.... homebakes were provided by friend T!  Brownies and date cake.  Yum!  I had baked some welsh cakes, and also provided a light lunch.  It was a lovely relaxing day and good to have a proper catch up with friends. And no I didn't eat all the cake that weekend - most are in the freezer to be rationed as a treat!




2 comments:

  1. So good to be able to meet with friends ... and enjoy all those delicious looking treats. I absolutely love the photo of the blue boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been lovely meeting up with friends again. The weather has been kind so meeting outdoors has been OK (so far!).

      Delete