Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 15 December 2020

Middle of December already!!

 


I kind of lost my blogging mojo for a while there.  Partly as the weather has been so driech, with lots of grey skies, rain and some windy days and I haven't been out taking photos etc.  Partly my internet connection was intermittent (engineers have been out so hopefully resolved). Also partly the Winter lethargy that comes over me at this time of year.

On the positive side, there have been few positive cases of covid-19 reported in Orkney in recent weeks, and those that have been reported are people returning to the county.  The first doses of the Pfizer vaccine have all been distributed around Orkney.  First to receive them are healthcare staff and people in care homes.  I think I will be some way down the line yet and not sure what vaccine I will get as it all depends on availability.  I probably won't change my habits that much even once I have the vaccine.  I will probably see how infection rates go and see what are the further long term results regarding transmission and protection from the vaccine.  But at least there is a glimmer of hope!

Anyway - here are a few pictures taken at the beginning of last week.  There have been some dramatic skies interspersing a day of grey and rain.

A rainbow over the old stable.....






Rain over Stromness 


But there WAS blue sky.....



Though the clouds were bearing down on Windbreck at the top of the hill....


But blue sky over Sandside bay...


And reflected in the windows....



6 comments:

  1. I am glad your blogging mojo has returned; that is a fabulous photo of the clouds reflected in the window. I hope the vaccines work well and are safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I too am pinning my hopes on an effective and safe vaccine. I'm following all the reports avidly....

      Delete
  2. We are hopeful that the vacinne will make a difference. Love the reflection of the clouds in the window, makes for a dramatic photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets hope the vaccine helps us to return to some sort of normality, but I think it will take a long time to roll out to an acceptable percentage of the population to have an effect.
    Great reflection picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it's going to take a long time before we managed to return to anything near what we used to know as "normal". The early vaccines sound promising but so many unknowns about transmission and how long the vaccine may be effective etc. But hope on the horizon....

      Delete