Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Friday 25 December 2020

No more snow.......

 


Although the news reported a White Christmas in parts of the UK there was no new snowfall here in Orkney.  It's been a bit of a grey day with some rain showers. 


 But the sun did peep through for a while....



A neighbour has some of this year's lambs overwintering in my field. They came over to say Merry Christmas while I was feeding the hens (who are now incarcerated in the hen house due to an Avian Flu episode in Orkney - more of that in another post - my hens are fine...grumpy at being indoors but fine...)


And finally..... this is what I was doing at 8.30 this morning..... appearing very briefly on the Sky News Breakfast program!  No it is not available on catch-up.  I didn't tell anyone before the broadcast and checked before telling anyone after the broadcast. Haha!  It was a bit of fun for me - a change to the "groundhog" day routine I (and many others) are experiencing during lockdowns.  It was just 4 minutes of me being asked what made me move here and how Christmas will be different on the island this year.  The hens got a mention but sadly not Button.  She is still sulking about that....


Now it's time to put my feet up and relax for the afternoon.....

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hee hee at that time of the morning I think I slipped under the radar..... :-D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Part of my cunning plan to not let folk know beforehand. Hee hee!

      Delete
  3. How exciting, and you still have another 11 mins of fame left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm what mischief could I get up to with 11 minutes. Hee hee

      Delete
  4. Wow, how exciting! Happy Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete