Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Tuesday 22 September 2020

A walk to the shore with Button....

 


It's another grey day but it had been a while since I'd been to the shore with Button.  I'm trying to get out in the fresh air each day while I can!  

Button checking we are not being followed.  She still searches for Charlie.  He was the dominant cat and would chase her or beat her up so she's still wary....





A wander down the pier....



The tide was well out...


Looking over the green fields to Hoy...


We could almost walk to Stromness at low tide! Haha - well not quite but it feels that way.


The cliff would make great sandstone tiles, slates etc..


The old sail shed....


The old hay loft....


"Can we go home now please, I'm bored...."   Sigh..... time for a nap....


And a lovely September sunset in the evening....



7 comments:

  1. I love that you go for a walk with your cat, how wonderful! You live in a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so fortunate to be here, and yes Button loves to come for a walk along the shore...though sometimes she abandons me to hunt in the field...

      Delete
  2. Yes, it 's always a pleasure coming here for a new post, Sian. I don´t have cat (yet?) but I think I can imagine what it feels like a walk by the seaside in a soft weather day with a silent but loved companion. Isn't it rare a cat liking to leave the warm house and have a tiring excursion on all-4 ? You have a particular sensibility that shows in your photos. I wish you can both enjoy the fresh air many many times to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those lovely words. And yes Button loves a warm home and will only leave if it's equally warm outdoors! Haha!

      Delete
  3. When we had cats they used to come camping with us and travelled happily in the back of the car with the dog. When we stopped off for journey breaks they would come for walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow really?! I'm not sure what Button would make of that! She'd probably rise to the challenge. Though I suspect I would be cursing her as she'd go awol just when we needed to move on!

      Delete