Click on pictures to see them enlarged in a photo stream. Comments: word verification on to allow anyone to comment but try and deter excessive amounts of spam! I LOVE getting comments!

Sunday 20 September 2020

Hoy High lost in the mist....

 

In the spirit of sharing photos of lighthouses taken by other people - here is a fabulous one of Hoy High taken by Graham Lyon from Stromness of a beautiful ethereal end to a stunning late summer day.  I will post more photos later - having a sloooow Sunday today.....

4 comments:

  1. This is an eerie photo, but it's beautiful. Reminds me of the houses on a hill in the Hudson Valley where I live. The hill disappears in the fog and the houses appear to be floating. Also reminds me of crossing the Tappan Zee Bridge in the fog, where you don't see the bridge until you are on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOoh that sounds spooky! I love the mist because it plays so much with perceptions. Though not fun to drive through....

      Delete